I’ve added a new category of “Fruit” to the Journals. We’ve been cultivating some blueberry bushes and grape vines and we’ve finished cleaning up the blueberry plants for winter. Right now we have 13 blueberry bushes, all low bush varieties. We’re trying three varieties, Climax, Premiere and Tifblue and we have an odd row of other one-off plants and we’ll be adding some unknown varieties in that row as well. All the blueberries got newspaper for weed block and a nice cover of wood chips that have been composted with the offal from this summer’s chicken processing. This will help keep the vegetation down around the plants as well as help keep moisture in. We have seven more plants that we hope to get in the ground near the end of the month after the weather cools down a bit more. This year there were very few berries, but hopefully next year we’ll have enough blueberries to share! We also have two grape vines at the moment, one muscadine and one concord. They just got planted this spring, so we’ll see they fared the winter next in spring.