We started three new hives on March 27th of this year! The location has changed due to the possibility of construction traffic and the placement actually lines up with what our landscape architect had drafted on the plan. Since we started with drawn comb from last year, the bees are off to a great start. We did a full inspection yesterday and found brood of all stages in two of the hives, and one hive is just a wee bit behind, but coming on strong. All hives have put up quite a bit of nectar and we added a second box to each hive yesterday. The box that was added to each hive had drawn comb, somewhat ratty, but drawn none the less, so it shouldn’t take the ladies long to get it ship-shape and nectar and brood added. I think we’ll add another box on Thursday since I won’t be in them for over a week after that.